My Photo
Name:
Location: Brownsville, Texas, United States

Friday, April 27, 2007

The Global Village


Ok, the Global Village was a smashing success. The entrepreneur class was split up into groups of 4 students and each group picked a country and set to work on a booth with food, games, information, and trinkets that were traditional to the country they picked. The group that picked China asked me to help them out with information on the Chinese zodiac and Chinese religious practices. I accepted the "job" on the condition that they come up with something for me to wear (I can't just walk into my wardrobe and come out looking Chinese). The kids were great and came up with the dress I'm wearing in these pictures. Also these kids were in contact with the Chinese embassy from the very beginning of this project. They invited the Ambassador from China to visit the Global Village and he accepted the invitation. In the second picture is the Ambassador from China, his assistant, and me.

I had a lot of fun with this even though it wasn't my class, nor my students. I got to know the upper class men a lot better and broaden my horizons that much more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home