My Photo
Name:
Location: Brownsville, Texas, United States

Sunday, December 10, 2006

abaya sighting--thank you Byron.

Alright, I'm my own worst critic. I don't consider myself to be photogenic.

At the school carnival I was wearing one of my abayas and Byron caught me laughing (or talking) on my way out and got a picture of me.

For those who haven't seen me in an abaya--here you go. These things are insanely comfortable and are suposed to be modest dress. Granted I'm covered and you really can't see much of my figure, but the abaya itself is very ornate with beadwork and the like. So, not only is this modest dress, it's really a part of Bahraini fashion. Many young women here wear abayas that are rather ornate or have some sort of embelishment to break up all the black.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home