My Photo
Name:
Location: Brownsville, Texas, United States

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Thanksgiving in Bahrain...

Thanksgiving is an American holiday. I just thought I would clear that one up first. Bahrain does not celebrate Thanksgiving--Ex-pat Americans do. Thanksgiving is just another normal day here...

Thanksgiving usually implies seeing relatives, watching American football, getting off of work/school, and eating far too much. Well, this year with none of those things available, (except for the food) a handful of us teachers got together and celebrated Thanksgiving together after school on Thursday. I never really got Thanksgiving until this year. I understood the whole getting to see relatives as a special thing but I also took it for granted that I would get to see family durring the holidays. This year is different. This year I'm a half a world away from family and yes, I miss them a lot, especially durring the holidays because the holidays became the normal/only time durring the year that I would get to see family. This is changing with my relocation to the Middle East to summers. So, I'm looking forward to Christmas in July and a reunion tour; but for now, I enjoy e-mail and post (and the occasional phone call).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home