My Photo
Name:
Location: Brownsville, Texas, United States

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

female perspective...

Bahrain is very car horn friendly...or rather drivers in Bahrain are very car horn friendly. People honk their horns for a wide variety of reasons. One of these reasons is because they see a woman walking along the side of the road, on the side walk, or across a dirt lot. I get this a lot regardless of my modest dress and occasionally wearing a hijab (head scarf), I still get honked at. It doesn't bother me so much anymore, I've gotten used to it. The honking just reminds me a little too much of college aged males back in the States that would 'cat call' when I would go on my evening walks. I'm convinced that it won't matter where I go, this sort of thing will happen to me it just takes a different form in a different country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home