My Photo
Name:
Location: Brownsville, Texas, United States

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Bahraini Post

Post here takes about 10-14 days to get from this tiny little island to the United States. The same can be said for US to Bahrain post.

A letter typically costs 510 fils (about $1.25 US) and a package is weighed and its 6BD per kilo. I think everyone can do the math on this. Once I figured out what it takes to send things out (packages need to be in a white box and there’s paperwork to fill out), I started sending letters and a couple of packages. Post is cheap, but it’s not all in the same.

The post man at the nearest post office is a very sweet Indian. He is working on his English and has asked me to help him every time I’m in the post office (once or twice a week or so). I am happy to help him and in exchange he teaches me a word or two of Arabic that may help me here or there. Things like hello, good bye, thank you, please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home