My Photo
Name:
Location: Brownsville, Texas, United States

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

self reflections...

Sarah got to Bahrain last night around 9:40 and I was thrilled that she made it in one piece and very excited to be here. The whole drive back to my flat we were talking about the way things are here and I noticed a few things about how I was talking. I didn't feel like a local (I'm an ex-pat, I'll never be a local), but I also didn't have the 'deer in headlights' look on my face like I'm sure I did when I first got here in August. I feel like I've learned a lot about Bahrain by just living here. There are still things that throw me off but for the most part I've taken it all in stride. However, I have to admit that going back to the States is going to be difficult. I'm used to things here. I like having no snow in January. Sarah mentioned that is was really warm. I was actually a little chilly and in a sweatshirt. She was warm in her light jacket.

I think this week will be an interesting show of how much I've learned and adapted to Bahrain with my sister around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home