My Photo
Name:
Location: Brownsville, Texas, United States

Sunday, January 07, 2007

a break from blogging...

As many of my friends and family have noted, I am very irregular with my blog posts. I’ve even had some go so far as to e-mail or IM me telling me to update. Well, generally if I haven’t updated it means that I don’t really know what to write about because I haven’t done anything terribly blog-worthy. I’m not dead. I haven’t run into any terrorists (except for the occasional student).

Recently, I moved to a new flat. The holidays were spent with friends who stayed in Bahrain. Good things happened. Bad things happened.

I’ve never been really homesick until this past week. I’ve had instances of missing home but who hasn’t. I was at my flat, I was bored, and nothing I was doing was helping. I was hanging out with friends and all so I had company, but I just wasn’t feeling right. I’m doing better now, but for those who wondered if I dropped off the face of the earth. That’s what happened. I didn’t drop off the face of the earth, I just wanted a taste of home and had a hard time finding it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home