My Photo
Name:
Location: Brownsville, Texas, United States

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Food is a strange thing...

So, I was having dinner with two of the other teachers tonight. I was eating a very interesting thing called a shawarma. Basicly it's a flat bread wrap with meat, cheese, sause, and other fun addatives such as frenchfries in my case, and well, involved in my dinner were pickles... Pickles in the states are pretty regulated and when you think of pickles, you've got skin and meat of the pickle. Well, not here. Apparently pickles in shawarmas are a lot like those carrot shavings that you get in salads in resturants, only they are pickles. I found it interesting.

I guess the best thing I find about shawarmas are that they are pretty fresh and best eaten warm. Shawarma stands are found all over the place and basicly they have chicken and beef on a huge warming spits and they carve off the meat right infront of you for your shawarma and then put things like cheese and other goodies on it for you. They are about the size of Taco Bell soft tacos but a little more filling and a bit healthier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home