My Photo
Name:
Location: Brownsville, Texas, United States

Friday, December 19, 2008

winter holiday...

well, I survived my first half of the school year without major incident. Once school was out, I had a couple of days to unwind and destress before I left for San Francisco.

San Francisco was awesome! I spent a lot of time with Nick, roaming the city, seeing things I missed over the summer, and getting more or less acquainted with the city. Nick took me to the symphony one night--I enjoyed it a lot. I also ran a few errands for a couple of the teachers who didn't get to leave Bahrain (bringing back things they wanted/needed from the States that we can't get in Bahrain). Overall, I had a great time.

My classroom for next year is huge and the kids seem to be pretty interesting. At least I won't have to worry about a few of the wonderful hang-ups I get out in Bahrain.

But now I'm back in Bahrain, I was jet lagged my first day or so back--mostly because I didn't have any pressing matters such as work/school or any appointments the first day back. That's usually what got me back on a regular schedule in August when I'd come back to Bahrain in the summers.

Such is life.
TIB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home