My Photo
Name:
Location: Brownsville, Texas, United States

Monday, October 20, 2008

something random and out of the blue...

Over the course of the last week or two, I've added several things to my 'things I will never do as a parent' list--that is, if I'm ever a parent to begin with. These things include:

~I will not blame a teacher for something I'm supposed to take care of (like making sure the kid does their homework, reinforcing a lesson from school, HAS A PENCIL for school)

~I will not assume that a teacher can keep track of MY kid ALL THE TIME. Teachers are NOT omnipotent.

~Teachers are NOT omnipotent.

~ I will not assume my kid is right all the time. In fact if my kid gets a note from a teacher telling me they did something wrong, more than likely THEY DID SOMETHING WRONG!

~ I will not read a book on parenting--I'll seek advice from people I know that learned from their own mistakes and not some book assuming I know absolutely nothing about taking care of a munchkin.

TIB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home