My Photo
Name:
Location: Brownsville, Texas, United States

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Istanbul

Good morning everyone!

This entry will not have any pictures--I'm still sorting myself out.

Istanbul was great. :) I had a great time. I needed the break. So, here's how everything went down:

day one: I arrived in the early afternoon and got to my hostel earlier than I thought--with virtually no sleep. I walked around the area that I was staying at--lots of cafe's, rug shops, touristy area. I got with Nick and we went out for food. After a wonderful dish of lamb kabab and a real nice rice dish, I slept like the dead.

day two: Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, The Hippodrome, Bascilica Cistern. These are pretty much the big four historical sites and all very close together.

day three: The Grand Bazare (huge indoor market), hang out in the city/people watch in a park, The Whirling Dervishes.

day four: Katakoy (on the Asian side), lots of people watching, wondering around the city to see what there was to see.

day five: back to Bahrain.

Since coming back to Bahrain I've been showing Nick around my island. I think he's getting a better idea of how I live here and what life is like out here.

TIB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home