My Photo
Name:
Location: Brownsville, Texas, United States

Monday, January 14, 2008

Mother nature's got a wicked sense of humor...

For about a week now I've been waking up at my usual 5:30am to find it pitch dark and freezing cold! The pitch dark thing I get, it's winter it's supposed to be dark at 5:30am. But this cold! I'm talking in the 40's and it doesn't really warm up much as the sun comes up.

All things considered, yesterday, a few things happened...

George W. Bush was in Bahrain causing all kinds of traffic nightmares for most of my students that DON'T live in Juffair (part of the city where the navy base and my school are located).

It rained causing all kinds of traffic nightmares for most of the islanders that don't know how to drive in rain and act like rain is a once or twice a year phenomena (oh wait, it is!).

It was cold, causing all kinds of heating nightmares everywhere on the island that didn't have a space heater.

Also Baghdad got it's first snow in 100 years and this means today was particularly cold and tomorrow it's supposed to be in the 30's!

You know I left Indiana winters for a reason..,.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home