My Photo
Name:
Location: Brownsville, Texas, United States

Saturday, August 26, 2006

On the other side of the world!

Well, I made it to the very hot and humid island of Bahrain--well, it's formal name is the Kingdom of Bahrain but that's a formality, not an every day thing. Yes, there is a king, he has a couple of wives, and lots of palm trees and camels. I've already stuck my hand in the Persian Gulf just to say that I've done it. I can also say that I've heard the calls to prayer multiple times and it's really cool to listen to.

Life here is very different. The food is great! Local food is spicy in a good way and very healthy. The money is strange for me. There are fils and dinars...1000fils to a dinar. The country uses military time and the work week is changing as of September 1 because the government wanted to change it. My work week will be Sunday to Thursday with a Friday-Saturday weekend. This is going to be interesting seeing as this is new for the entire country!

Well, more culture shock coming soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home