My Photo
Name:
Location: Brownsville, Texas, United States

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Days away from travel

I'm days away from making the trip across the ocean. Yeah, I'm excited. I'm realizing just how different this trip is to others I have made. My life has to fit into a couple of suitcases and can not be heavier than 50 lbs. each. Everything that goes with me had to be some-what carefully picked out. Yeah, things like clothes, sox, skivies, hair stuff, face stuff, etc. are certainly in my suitcases, but also things like my DVD's, books, cross stitch samplers, and photographs as well. I have a few items for my classroom--maps mostly.

I have noticed a dramatic change in my everyday wardrobe. I've always been a fan of long pants and long skirts, but I'm also wearing more tunics and long sleves in the summer! This used to be an occasional thing, now, it's practically everyday. I don't mind this- in Bahrain apparently, this is normal. Yep, can't wait to see what else is considered normal over there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home