My Photo
Name:
Location: Brownsville, Texas, United States

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Three weeks in...

End of week 3 at school with students. I am still having a great time. My psychology kids just finished their first test. My sociology kids are going to be experiencing that joy next week.

It's Ramadan and there aren't a whole lot of changes in my regular routine. I don't get something to eat at the curry house right after school--instead I grab a quick snack right after school and wait until around 5pm for Iftar (sunset) and the food places re-open. I get an early dinner and retire early because I get up really early.

I was invited to a Ramadan Tent this year by a handful of my students. I may go this weekend with them. A Ramadan Tent is an Iftar buffet and social gathering. Traditionally a tent will have a place for eating the buffet and a separate place for socializing and such. I'll probably go for the socializing with my students and their parents and good fruit juices.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home