My Photo
Name:
Location: Brownsville, Texas, United States

Sunday, February 11, 2007

put to the test.

I came into work today with the news that one of my students had died over the weekend. He fell asleep and never woke up. Other than that, I have no details. Now, normally, I'm ok with death. If it's a family member that passes, I'll have a cry and be ok.

But what do I do when it's one of MY STUDENTS. A 9th grader! one of MY 9th graders. I'm strong for my students, but I think this has made me realize just how much I care about my students. I've cried twice, in school, over some of the class work journal entries of the student that died. Tomorrow, I'll have the class that he was in. That will be rough. I know it will be. My students in that class know it too. This has just been one of those days that you never expect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home